Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An Important Day



To my dear friend who almost died after his immune system function suddenly dropped due to HIV infection,
To that gorgeous housemate of my friend who is now struggling with HIV,
To the fuck buddy of my dear friend whose tuberculosis has not improved due to his full blown AIDS status

To everyone I know who risk their lives with bareback fun.
To all the hot guys I have turned down simply because I cannot do bareback with you.

I am one with the whole world in celebrating the World AIDS day. It's time to put a stop to the virus that has already infected thousands of us, Filipinos.

2 comments:

LoF said...

to the CBCP: thank you for helping our country rank just below Kazakhstan in a dramatic and rapid increase in HIV infections while most of the world saw a net decrease in infection over the last decade. the rage I feel helps bring me to my feet so that I can do more in spite of your powerful ignorance and fear-mongering.

Anonymous said...

MAKE EVERY DAY WORLD AIDS DAY...

"HIV is clobbering the gay community." says Robert Carr, director of policy and advocacy of the Internatinal Council of AIDS Service Organizations.

in fact, homosexual HIV diagnosis is on the rise in the U.S., France and Asian countries. even with the advent of antiretroviral drugs (which are expensive, sometimes toxic) survival is still not guaranteed. advocacy-awareness is still the best defence against the disease reaching pandemic stage.

today, if you pass by a street corner with a volunteer asking for donation, please drop a dollar or two in the tin can. that money will help AIDS victims and further research, with the hope that someday a cure will be found.