Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Working with "Macho Dancers"


Late last year, I had the pleasure of working with several professional male strippers for the special interest video called "Hubad: Striptease Sessions for the Daring Man". In this project, we needed actual strippers to dance with our lead model, Johnron Tanada.


We scouted several gay bars (the one with male strippers gyrating onstage) for a few nights to gather some of the most talented strippers for the video. From Quezon city, up to Malabon all the way to Makati and Pasay, I had one of the most memorable immersion in my life. (I had never been a gay bar patron as I find this quite expensive!).


After the team decided who among the strippers make it to the "final cut", we started our dance rehearsals. I produced the "behind-the-scenes" segment of this video so I practically had to cover everything.


Beyond the excitement of working with these guys, I learned a lot from them. From why they like their hair colored (because Korean women prefer strippers with hair color) to how much they earn on a daily (or nightly) basis to how to properly wrap the penis with a rubber to maintain one's erection all throughout the night!


But what impressed me the most was their passion for dancing. I have worked with professional dancers in different shows before, And I admit that I never expected these strippers to show the same kind of dedication into their art of "macho dancing". After this project I realized that macho dancing was actually indeed a performing art and as such requires dedication, hard work and a lot of passion!

1 comment:

tet said...

may part II ba ang "hubad"?