Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Love Jacklyn Jose



I have always been fascinated with her monotonous voice and the painful yet placid expression in her face in all her films. Among my most favorite Jacklyn Jose performances are "Itanong Mo Sa Buwan", "Ataul for Rent", "Mulanay", "Lahar" and "Serbis". I always admired and craved for the honesty of her screen presence.

So, when I first met her in person, I admitted to her that I was a big fan of hers. Jacklyn Jose dared me to recite some her most famous lines in her trademark monotone. I tried grasping for the right lines, I failed.

In a recent interview, she admitted she has been itching to direct her own film. I can't wait to see this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who would forget Jacklyn's solid performance in Lino Brocka's Macho Dancer. she is a master of her craft, comparable to previous glorious actors of Philippine movies..."Ladies & Gentlemen, please rise, Ms. Jose is in the House".

Anonymous said...

This is funny. I also have high regard for Jacklyn. But I'll keep in mind to memorize a memorable line of her before I dare tell her that I'm a big fan of her. Love you Ms. Jacklyn.