Friday, August 7, 2009
Lessons from "Little Boy/ Big Boy"
Screenshot from the orgy scene of "Little Boy/ Big Boy"
A writer from Manila Bulletin, Jojo P. Panaligan writes about some funny yet practical lessons he learned after watching "Little Boy/ Big Boy":
“Little Boy/Big Boy” imparts lessons which straight people should also heed:
1) Always lock the bedroom door if you’re in there with your spouse and there’s a child prone to barge in at the most, shall we say, inopportune time. It will save all of you from potential embarrassment and maybe even therapy for the child.
2) Don’t hold hands in public even if you’re a couple. It will raise eyebrows and set tongues wagging. Remember that this is the Philippines - and you are not Paris Hilton. If you’re a gay couple, maybe one of you may dress up (and even look?) like Paris but that’s beside the point.
3) Stock up on hotdogs (as in the cold cuts) at all times. It will come in handy one day. Hotdogs… handy… what?!?
4) If you don’t want the messages in your cellphone read by others, don’t leave it lying around. And if someone finds an incriminating message there, tell him in a hurt voice, ‘You don’t trust me.’ But should he, given the discovery? Okay, don’t text na lang.
5) Don’t position your computer with the monitor facing the door through which people enter. If caught visiting a site that you shouldn’t have, say the site just popped up and thereafter the computer hanged up.
6) When you’re already committed to someone, don’t be flirty with people of the opposite sex (or in the case of this film’s lead character, of the same sex) even if doing so means nothing to you. It’s called emotional infidelity.
7) When heartbroken, move on but don’t burn bridges. You might want to go back later.
8) If you’re a single mom of an underage kid, try not to go “eyeballing” with chat mates that will take you away for days. Children are not products that can be “endorsed” to friends just like that.
9) Practice safe sex. No, no one got AIDS or STD in the story but the advice is warranted.
10) Don’t judge a movie by its poster or trailer.
Little Boy/ Big Boy
Robinsons Galleria, Ermita, Novaliches, Iloilo, Bacolod and Cinema in Cebu