Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Movers & Shakers of Pinoy Gay Community





Outragemag.com, the only gayzine in the country has chosen this writer as one of the "Shakers and Movers" of the Filipino gay community, or to be more diverse and politically correct, the GLBTQI (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transexual, Queer and Intersexed).

It is such an honor to be listed along with other prominent personalities in the queer population (Fr. Richard Mickley, JM Cobbarubias of GMA, Great Ancheta of Bed, etc).

Here is the opening paragraph of the article:

In 1999, when Lex Bonife was 19 years old, moving from the University of Santo Tomas (UST) to the University of the Philippines, he met writer R.J. Nuevas, “one of the most established writers for soap opera (In the Philippines),” he recalls. “He invited me to send a resume to Viva. I have always wanted to work for television when I was young; I have always felt I was cut for a career in the entertainment industry, so even without a college degree and with zero experience, armed with a simple résumé, I met with Viva's Veronique Del Rosario, and to my surprise, I was hired.”

To read more, click: http://www.outragemag.com/outrage/LexBonife.html

No comments: