Saturday, October 18, 2008

QC Circle



Last Sunday, I read at the Philippine Daily Inquirer that the Quezon City government is taking over the management of it's famous park, the Quezon city circle from the foundation led by Charito Planas.


Quezon City circle is a popular cruising spot among gay men. And it's also a hangout for many male prostitutes along its circumference.


I read somewhere that in a television interview of Charito Planas, she was asked whether she is bothered that many gay men flock to the park that she manages, she simply told the camera "Wala akong pakialam kung ano ang gustong gawin ng mga bakla doon, huwag lang nila sisirain ang bougainvilla ko!" (I don't care what gay men plan to do in my park, I just don't want them to destroy my bougainvilla plants).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soon the only blowing goin' on at the Circle will be the tumbleweeds.

point taken Ms. Planas. i love boungainvillas too, but junior has to have some fun once in a while.

o well, gays are known to be super creeative. there will be other QC circles somewhere. if we can only plant some rose of sharon at Remedios Circle, maybe then...who knows?